DOCUMENTARY FILMMAKING / DIRECTING / PRODUCING / WRITING /EDITING
David L. Brown Productions
274 Santa Clara St., Brisbane, CA 94005
- Documentary Filmmaking (38 semesters) and The Documentary Tradition (one semester). City College of San Francisco Department of Cinema. Curator, Documentary Film Series, 6 screenings a semester for 36 semesters. 1997-2018. City College of San Francisco (1997-2012).
- Digital Filmmaking (10 semesters). UC Berkeley Extension (2004-2012),
- Producing and Directing Documentaries (10 classes). San Francisco Film Society 2008 – 2012.
- Social Issue Film (one semester), American Ethnic Cultures in Film (one semester), American Film (one semester). Diablo Valley College, Pleasant Hill, CA. 2001-2003.
- Gail Silva, Director; Seminars/ courses/work- shops have included: the 8-part History of Documentary (5 classes-2003-‘06); The Digital Video Revolution for the Documentarian (presented with BAVC); Production Management; Hi8 Video Production; Fundraising for Film and Video; and the 6-part Documentary Producers’ Workshop, which included: Political Documentaries for Television and Social Change; The Narrative Documentary; Directing and Shooting Documentaries; The Historical Documentary and Cinema Verite; Directing and Editing Documentaries; and Writing and Distributing Documentaries. Film Arts Foundation, 1986-2005.
- City College of San Francisco Department of Film; Yasha Aginsky, Instructor, 1995, 1996.
- Claremont McKenna College; Michael Riley, Professor. 1994.
- Pitzer College; Mark Freeman, Associate Professor, 1995.
- University of California, Berkeley Department of Anthropology; Thor Anderson, Instructor, 1996.
- San Francisco State University Department of Broadcasting; Ron Compesi, Professor, Department Chair.
- San Francisco State University Department of Cinema; Jameson Goldner, Professor. 1985.
GRADUATE FILM EQUIPMENT COORDINATOR, GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT
- San Francisco State University Department of Cinema; Karen Holmes, Graduate Cinema Department Coordinator, 1977-82.
- Graduate Teaching Assistant. San Francisco State University Department of Broadcasting. Ron Compesi, Professor, Department Chair, 1983-84.
- Gail Silva, Director, Film Arts Foundation (1982-2008).
- Lidia Szajko, Chair, Film Department, City College of S.F.
- Michael Behrens, Director of Education, San Francisco Film Society